Life is full of stress and anxiety. As you daily balance work, family, health, aging or dealing with aging parents…you may be neglecting yourself.
- How can you unwind?
- How can you de-stress?
- How can you get back in touch with your body?
At Ageless Med Spa, we know that a soothing massage can help.
Massage therapy is no longer confined to spas. It is offered in clinics, hospitals and businesses. If you have never tried massage but are curious about its benefits, read on.
- MASSAGE is the general term for pressing and manipulating your skin, tendons, ligaments and muscles.
- MASSAGE THERAPISTS typically use their fingers and hands but may also use their elbows and forearms.
- MASSAGE can range from a light, gentle tough to deep pressure.
Four popular types of massage are:
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE – For this technique, the therapist uses a slower, more forceful touch which targets deep layers of muscle and connective tissue to ease muscle damage from an injury.
- TRIGGER POINT MASSAGE – This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles following an injuries or from overuse.
- SWEDISH MASSAGE – This is a very gentle form of massage. The therapist uses long, circular, kneading strokes combined with vibration and tapping to relax and energize you.
- SPORTS MASSAGE – Similar to Swedish massage, this massage is geared toward people involved in sport activities and is helpful in preventing or treating injuries.
Studies of the benefits of massage have shown that it is an effective treatment for stress-relief, muscle tension and pain. More research may be needed, but it is thought that massage may also be helpful for:
- Insomnia related to stress
- Digestive disorders
- Temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ)
Despite its benefits, massage isn’t meant as a replacement for regular medical care. Let your doctor know you’re trying massage and be sure to follow your standard treatment plans.
The benefits for specific conditions are well-known, but at Ageless Med Spa, we find that our clients enjoy massage because it involves comfort and caring.
Put yourself in our hands! Call to schedule an appointment, today.