Aging isn’t fun, that’s for sure. But take heart – there’s an excellent way to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine facial lines that usually accompany old Father Time. It’s the most popular cosmetic injectable treatment in the world – it’s Botox®.
Botox® is a purified form of botulinum toxin A, which works by blocking the nerves that contract the facial muscles, softening the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Botox® works best on dynamic wrinkles, the wrinkles that haven’t quite set. Dynamic wrinkles are caused by the movement of the muscles of your face when you smile and frown.
What can a Botox® treatment do?
- Botox® can lift your brow giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Botox® is a fast, easy, minimally invasive solution for fine facial lines and wrinkles.
- You may not know this, but Botox® is also used to decrease excessive sweating. For some people, excess sweating under the arms is an embarrassing problem that must be dealt with on a day to day basis. A simple Botox® treatment can lessen the amount of sweat produced.
Here are a few things to consider if you decide to give a Botox® treatment the nod:
- If you’re breastfeeding, pregnant, or plan to become pregnant, the FDA recommends that you wait before starting Botox® treatments.
- Remember that “less is more.” You will be happiest with a more natural, expressive look.
- If you take aspirin or ibuprofen, be sure to tell us. These medications thin the blood and increase bleeding. Some natural supplements, such as fish oil, gingko, or vitamin E, may also thin the blood.
- Parties are fun, but they are not the time to try Botox®. These injections should only be done by a doctor who is board-certified in dermatology or plastic surgery.
- And, by the way, Botox® isn’t just for women. Guys, come in and let’s talk “Brotox.”
Call to schedule a Botox® consultation appointment, today: (801) 277-7000.