Do you buy expensive creams for your face and log hours at the gym? Both worthy time and money investments, that’s for sure. But if you are not taking care of your hands, try as you might to look youthful, it’s possible your hands will betray you.
Did you know that your hands are susceptible to the first signs of aging and often age faster than your face? It’s true. The skin on the back of your hands is much thinner than that on your face. There is little fat on the back of the hands so when elastin and collagen break down, it is much more noticeable on your hands. The end result is crinkly, thin, crepe-like, skin with bulging veins. Depending on how much exposure to the sun you had as a child, aging also results in “liver spots” or age spots.
What Can You Do?
- Don’t skimp on hand cream. Using hand cream as early as your twenties is a great anti-aging strategy.
- Be generous with sunscreen – use it on your hands! UV exposure is the number one cause of age spots and the premature appearance of wrinkles.
- Wear rubber-gloves if your hands are exposed to chemicals or harsh cleaning products.
- Consider a hand rejuvenation procedure at Ageless Medical Spa.
- The #1 professional hand-care treatment is medical fillers, such as Radiesse and Restylane, both FDA approved injectables. When used on the hands, fillers add volume and put back some of the cushion under the skin that has been lost. The treatment is performed in our office, takes less than 20 minutes, and results are visible in a couple of weeks.
- The Starlux 1540 fractional laser is used to reduce the appearance of sun spots and other visible signs of aging. After treatment, the skin is smoother, firmer, and younger-looking. The laser directs hundreds of micro-beams to the dermis and epidermis. As new skin resurfaces, dead skin cells and coagulated collagen are naturally expelled. The natural healing process results in new healthy tissue and collagen.
Want to know more? Call us for a consultation, today.
Take control of the Hands of Time…and treat your hands with care!