Anti-aging facials are a popular way to fight off the effects of aging. But what is an anti-aging facial exactly?
An anti-aging facial is conducted by an esthetician or other qualified professional. They use anti-aging products to reduce lines and wrinkles, tighten skin and diminish the signs of aging. Our team at the Ageless Medical Spa takes the time to assess each individual to determine the ideal products for each patient’s skin type.
What to Expect from an Anti-Aging Facial
Anti-aging facials can be done at home or at the doctor’s office. They are also conducted at beauty salons and spas like our. They usually include the following steps:
- Cleansing — A creamy cleanser is used to remove dirt and debris from your face
- Skin Analysis — The esthetician looks at your skin through a magnifying lamp to determine the best products
- Exfoliation — A mechanical or chemical foliate is used, such as a chemical peel
- Extraction -– Removal of blackheads and whiteheads
- Facial Massage – The gentle stroking of the face to stimulate your facial and skin muscles
- Facial mask – This varies from spa to spa
Patients can also opt for the application of protective creams and toners. You can also discuss what home care remedies to apply to your skin after the facial.
How Successful are Anti-aging Facials?
Anti-aging facials, when done by an expert with understanding and knowledge about your skin, can be extremely successful. Unfortunately, not all over-the-counter products promising anti-aging miracles work. That is why it is important to seek a professional.
You should also avoid exposure to sun and strenuous exercise that can make the facial ineffective. Listen to the advice of your esthetician and don’t cut corners on treatment.
What is the Cost for Anti-aging Facials?
Anti-aging facials often deliver what you pay for. The investment in the right products, expertise and experience can deliver better results than cheaper options at your local pharmacy.
At Ageless Medical Spa, you can expect to receive first class treatment from knowledgeable and caring professionals. For more information, you can visit our office at 2344 E Murray Holladay Road, Salt Lake City, Utah. Or, you can call us at 801-277-7000. We look forward to meeting you!