Whew. The decorations are put away and the holidays are over for another year. You more than likely spent many hours thinking of others this season and neglecting you.
The new year is the perfect time to consider one of our popular injectable dermal filler treatments.
Last March, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery released its 18th annual multi-specialty statistical data showing that Americans spent more than 12 billion dollars on surgical and non-surgical procedures for the second year in a row. That roughly translates into 10 million cosmetic procedures performed in 2014. Additionally, the use of aesthetic services by men has increased dramatically. Injectible dermal fillers, such as FDA approved Belotero Balance, are listed by the Society as among the most popular of the non-surgical procedures for men and women.
Aging, exposure to sun, genetics and lifestyle choices, thin facial skin decreasing it’s elasticity and youthful appearance. The folds that go from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth – the “nasolabial folds” – can be smoothed out with an injection of Belotero Balance. Hyaluronic acid, a naturally-occurring substance in the body that acts as a protective lubricating gel, is the main component of Belotero Balance. It binds with water to plump the skin and offers long-lasting collagen replacement. Belotero Balance intersperses with the skin’s collagen to also treat fine lines, especially in sensitive areas of the face such as around the lips and under the eyes.
- The visible improvement of a Belotero Balance treatment can last up to nine months.
- Belotero Balance should not be used if you are presently experiencing or have a history of severe allergies.
- If you have a skin inflammation or infection you must wait until the skin is healed before scheduling a treatment.
- Some patients may experience injection site inflammation which usually disappears within seven days.
- Exposure to the following within 24-hours of your treatment should be avoided as they can cause temporary redness, swelling and itching at the injection site:
- Strenuous activity
- Extensive sun or heat exposure
- Aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Alcoholic beverages
We hope you will consider greeting the new year with a Belotero Balance treatment. Call to schedule an appointment, today: (801) 277-7000.