Taking care of yourself should be one of your highest priorities. Eating right, exercising daily and caring for your skin are all part of aging well and gracefully. Your body and your skin are resilient and respond well to tender, loving care. Aging is impossible to ignore as time marches relentlessly on. But you don’t have to give in to the effects of time…especially fine lines and wrinkles.
Wrinkles first appear around your eyebrows, eyes and mouth because you make repeated facial expressions. Aging also thins your skin; it becomes less elastic and more vulnerable to lines and wrinkles. The sun’s UV rays break down your skin’s connective tissue and are the main cause of wrinkles. Unprotected sun exposure over time can also cause skin cancer.
Are there things you can do to lessen the natural results of aging? Read on!
- Don’t pull at your skin or scrub it with a harsh cloth. Use a gentle touch when washing your face and applying makeup, especially around your eyes.
- Stay inside between noon and five p.m. when the sun’s rays are at their most damaging.
- Don’t use tanning beds…those rays are even more damaging to your skin.
- Use sunscreen. It’s one of the most important things you can do to prevent sun damage, but it doesn’t do any good in your tote bag. Remember to choose one that is at least 30 SPF and re-apply often to your face and neck…and don’t forget your hands.
- Get in the habit of using an eye cream and moisturizer every day. Retinol creams may also help reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Smoking accelerates your body’s aging process and causes wrinkles to appear before their time. Stop or cut back if you can.
You may want to consider an injectable dermal filler, such as Juvederm Radiesse or Restylane. Fillers are very popular at Ageless Med Spa and are an excellent, non-invasive choice if your wrinkles are deeper or more pronounced.
Don’t wait to call for an appointment with our team of specialists.
We can put you well on your way a more youthful, glowing look…just in time for the holidays!